Saturday, December 5, 2009

I am putting on a Benefit Fashion Show and I have NO IDEA where to start!!! Any Ideas???

I am going on a mission trip to Brazil in 2009 and I am putting on this fashion show as a fun way to raise money!!I am putting on a Benefit Fashion Show and I have NO IDEA where to start!!! Any Ideas???
This sounds like so much fun! I've modeled in a benefit fashion show before, and its a great experience. Your first step is to go to local stores and ask them to donate items to be worn in the fashion show, and perhaps auctioned off. Once you have clothes, shoes, AND accessories (which are just as important) find some modeled. People involved in the cause may want to model, otherwise put up flyers and send out emails. You can ask friends, or have a casting call, but since this is a benefit, I don't know your budget, but I'm sure you can find people willing to model for free (I did!). Next, send mailings, post flyers, and send emails to get people involved and willing to come to the show! Good luck and have fun!





(help me?) http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>I am putting on a Benefit Fashion Show and I have NO IDEA where to start!!! Any Ideas???
Maybe rent out a red carpet or long rectangular platform, rent out nice lights, get a changing place and backstage/curtained off place, seating, tickets, some pretty girls/boys to model, nice clothing, accessories, practice practice practice.


good luck.


(try selling the tickets for 20$-50$)
My school did this last yr........


They had our students model clothes and also they seeked big expensive shops and some not, and asked whether they were interested in promoting their clothes for free and that worked out really well! So you could appeal to some shops and if they say no then thts cool, but if you did get some clothesline to support you then that would be really good.





If you have school assemblies, get permission and then tell the school about the Benefit fashion show and have 3 or 4 models all dressed up and have them give a little sneak preview of what its all about.


I hope this helps ;)
Start by gathering people willing to be the models


Then pick some outfits or designers


help the models practice if there not that good


Have Fun
OMG! We share the same avatar name and inspiration. I'm an inspiring fashion designer and I wished I would've thought of this idea! Some suggestions would be: ask friends to model, get clothes to auction off, find some really awesome place to do the fashion show and get local businesses to donate or get involved. Good luck and I hope it's a success! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin infection